Wednesday, July 7, 2010

July 7th 2010

I just got back in from another 2-3 hour painting session.


I think I'm slowly getting the hang of oils, but for some reason I feel like I'm doing the same thing that I did when I used acrylics...but as my mom said, there is no correct way of doing it, it's for the artist to figure out the best way...so I'm just trying this and that. Though the thunderstorm yesterday prevented me from painting, I think I should still be fine to finish this practice painting this week. Hopefully I'll have the first sketch by this week too.

I'll leave you with a few landscape pictures of North Korea. According to the books I am reading, the North Korea has beautiful natural resources and before the war, it was in the northern portion of Korea where life was a bit busier, livelier, and more advanced. It's strange to think of it that way because for all of my life, South Korea has been the more "advanced" country, but even for a good time after the war, the North was further advanced than the South, mainly due to their rich resources.



When I look at these pictures, I remember how I had once asked my grandfather about 5 years back, where he would want to live if he could choose from any of the countries and places he's visited and or lived in. After a minute of thought, his answer was North Korea. When I had heard that then, I couldn't fully grasp why he would choose North Korea over the US or Europe or even South Korea. But now, having learned more about his history, his family, the status of North Korea in the time that he grew up there, and taking into account these magnificent landscapes, I think I understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment