Wednesday, July 14, 2010

July 14th, 2010


Four hours of painting and I only got the background of the background done. -_- My shoulder hurts and after all that work, my dad who came home early today looks at it and says, "you should paint a real background. Why are you wasting your time painting the same thing over and over again?"

Talk about discouragement. But I'll dismiss it as him being appreciative of genre paintings of the painting era maybe 100 or so years ago. I hadn't really wanted to explain the reason for my choosing to do a pattern as my background, but maybe I should? I didn't think I would have to nor that I should. For now I'll just say that it's a commentary on North Korea and the lives of most of its people.

Anyway, I hope to be able to finish at least the blue for all the little mens' uniforms tomorrow. If I could get their red flags and their head and hands, that would be great. I really did not know that this would be so time consuming. I thought the worst was over when I sketched the pattern on the canvas...but I was wrong. haha. Too late now, I'm just going to have to hope it turns out as nicely as I picture it in my head, and that in the end it will all be worth it.

2 comments:

  1. WOW. u got the whole background all patterned out. Thats determination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Him nae! Im looking forward to it :)

    ReplyDelete