Thursday, July 29, 2010

July 29th, 2010

Self Portrait

So I finished the white of the men, a nice double layer on the red flags, and added some details to my face and hair. Unfortunately, I left my camera in Cali and the camera I have to work with is not the best. I still have some shadow work/rendering left to do on about half the men, but couldn't do them due to surrounding wet paint.

For now, I'll leave this aside and work on my next painting. I took pictures of my dad yesterday morning. I'll either re-post tonight with a sketch, or tomorrow. I was hoping to get 3 paintings done in my time in Mexico, but it seems with one week left, I'll need to work hard to just get my dad's somewhat developed. I know this time not to make the background pattern so complicated...much too time consuming for a summer project.
I guess it's 3...if you count in my practice painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment