Tuesday, July 20, 2010

July 20th, 2010

So I've been sick the past few days, and while I continued to paint, I failed to update my blog. Sorry!

I've mentioned this before, but oil painting really does take much more time, and as I haven't really painted anything at this size requiring so much detail and intricacy, it is taking quite a while. I've painted everyday except for Sunday for at least a couple of hours each day yet I still have a ways to go. I forgot to take pictures after painting the blue of the men and their heads and flags, but I do have pictures from a couple of days ago and today.

Honestly, it's a bit weird documenting my painting because I'm used to people only looking at the final outcome. It's pretty embarrassing to show the in betweens, but oh well!

This was...Saturday? I was definitely dissatisfied as it didn't look like me at all.

These two were taken today. Second coat of green on the background and my face is coming along.

Hopefully I'll be somewhat "done" by the end of this week. But I wouldn't be surprised if it carried over 'til next. Whether it's done or not, I plan to have my sketch for my next painting early next week. My dad asked to be next. Lol. So, after a little photo session with my dad sometime this week, I'll post up my sketch asap.

No comments:

Post a Comment