Monday, July 5, 2010

July 5th, 2010

I have begun painting! But... it's a practice painting. As odd as it may sound, it's my first time oil painting, and so before I paint my actual pieces for my project, I wanted to test it out and get used to the new medium.

I began painting over the weekend and have just cleaned up after a 2.5 hour session of painting today.

This was after my first session over the weekend.

Shot of my make-shift studio. It's actually the balcony/hallway outside my apartment.

Progress of painting at this time.

I have to admit, because I've been so accustomed to acrylics, it was a bit different, and I'm still adjusting. Oils require much more patience in my opinion.

I plan to have this painting completed this week, and sketches for my actual painting also. Oh, and I'll be posting a few images I found online of North Korea that I plan to work off of also. Normally, I like to take my own photographs to use as reference for my paintings, however as I am unable to...thank goodness for the internet!

No comments:

Post a Comment